To provide affordable housing, employment opportunities, and a loving support system within a friendship-driven community where autistic adults can be their authentic selves.
An affordable apartment complex for autistic adults in every state in United States.
The 5 As
- Autism is the fastest growing developmental disability in the world (CDC,2020). Today, 1 in 44 children born in the U.S will be diagnosed with autism.
- Over the next 5 years, 500,000 children on the autism spectrum in the U.S will transition to adulthood.
- 70% of parents report that their adult child with autism would be unable to live independently without support.
- There are limited resources to help people with autism reach their full potentials, especially in adulthood.
- 75% of adults with autism are unemployed or underemployed.
- Although they long for independence, autistic individuals often lack the finances and/or the life skills to achieve this goal.