WHAT WE WANT TO ADDRESS:
- Where will they live?
- Who will look after them?
- Will their lives be meaningful?
- How will their care and housing be paid?
THIS VIDEO WAS PRODUCED BY AUSTISM SPEAKS TO ADDRESS THE NEED FOR HOUSING
HOW ARE WE GOING TO ADDRESS IT?
Valhalla Villas will build a modern, independent-living community specifically for people with ASD. Residents will have the choice of living in their own private apartment or have a private bedroom in a shared apartment. The community will promote friendship building via shared meals, fitness programs, a host of social activities, roommate matching services and amenities that encourage group engagement.
Amenities will include: a game room, basketball court, pool, outdoor pavilion, picnic areas, and a learning center.
2 APPROACHES TO ADDRESS THE NEEDS:
- Build modern, independent-living communities exclusive to people with autism.
- Purchase existing apartment complexes and integrate housing for autistic people, within the general population of the complexes, but with all the services the autistic residents need.